Sunday, October 6, 2013

Failed To Create The Account. Please Try Again Later

I'm an avid Android fan. Also, I love to tinker. So when I bought the HTC One, the first thing I did was to have its Bootloader unlocked and the S-OFFed. This just opened up a lot of opportunities for me to do with the device. So after having converted the device to a Google Edition device and played with the Android 4.3 update, I tried my luck with the new 4.3 Developer Edition RUU which was released for the HTC One. Like and idiot, I relocked the bootloader and flashed the RUU. But after observing some considerable drain in standby mode, I wanted to root the device. Had to generate a new Unlock_token.bin from HTC since it was a new HBOOT at 1.55. Unlocking the bootlaoder resulted in clearing up the entire device. So, in the midst of the setting up the phone, I decide that while the phone is syncing - which would take a while on my slow wi-fi, I thought of disabling the system apps that I wont be using.

So when this activity was done, I configured my Google Apps Mail account which was done in a jiffy. Moving on to the Exchange Active Sync account, which usually takes a minute to sync, kept on giving me the "Failed To Create The Account. Please Try Again Later". Googling for it didnt give me any results, let alone positive ones. It had become annoying. Though today was a Sunday, some work was stuck. Thought of re-installing the RUU or going back to the Google Edition one. I was lost!

Then it happened, somewhere it just clicked! There are 4 options available when we setup the sync for the Exchange Active Sync account. Calender, Contacts, Mail and Tasks. I just realized that I had disabled the system tasks app, which was causing an exception when I tried to set up the sync. So this is something that I experienced and solved. No one online had posted if this was ever the case when they ever faced this particular error. 

Note : Sadly ADB wasn't detecting my device but fastboot is working fine. Hence couldn't analyze an logcat logs. my bad.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, same issue with my HTC One M7... I left mine stock in terms of the ROM but will double check to see what apps I may have disabled that might be causing similar conflicts, but I don't think mail, calendar, contacts or tasks are ones I would have changed... Any iother ideas what I should try or check next? Note: I DO get past the credentials check and get to the screen where I have to choose what to sync, but the error message failed to create acct appears after I click finish setup. Really love the phone and don't want to retire it by have to get exchange setup for new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try selecting just mail and clicking next.

    ReplyDelete